Mar. 26 - Moment of Truth (Mt. 27:2,11-26; Jn. 19:38-42)
First listen to the sermon (posts Sun. afternoon). Then use the ideas below to help you and your group apply what the Lord is teaching you. Icebreaker idea: What is one of your favorite things about Easter and why?
A way to pray: Pray for courage to identify with Jesus in our day-to-day lives as we seek to see 2000 people baptized and connected to Jesus through the Word, prayer, and community by 2022. Pray specifically, by name, for those in our lives who aren't connected to Him.
- How are Pilate and Joseph alike? different?
- When have I had a "moment of truth" where I had to decide what I believe about Jesus?
- What are some of the things that might make us reluctant to identify with Jesus in our community and in our culture today?
- Why are the historical eyewitness accounts of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection so important for Christians?
- What do we mean when we say we can encounter Jesus today through the Word, prayer, and community? How have I seen this happen in my own life?