Apr. 16 - He Is Risen! (Lk. 24:13-35)
First listen to the sermon (posts Sun. afternoon). Then use the ideas below to help you and your group apply what the Lord is teaching you. Icebreaker idea: What is one part of your Easter celebration that really helps you focus on and enjoy Jesus?
A way to pray: Pray for boldness for one another to make life changes and share the Easter story as discussed in this week's final two discussion questions. Continue praying for the 2000 people we're seeking to see baptized and connected to Jesus through the Word, prayer, and community by 2022.
- What parts of Jesus' story throughout the Scriptures touch my heart the most?
- Why did the Messiah have to suffer and die? Why was it so hard for Jesus' first followers to accept this?
- Why is it still hard to accept that Jesus had to die for us? Why can it be hard to accept that he was glad to die for us (see Hebrews 12:2, Isaiah 53:11)?
- Why is Jesus' resurrection from the dead such a big deal for Christians? What evidence do we have that it really happened?
- What would have to change about our lives if all this is really true? What needs to change in my own life?
- Who in my life needs to hear or be reminded of the Easter story? How will I share it with them?